Rendezvous

Friday, July 22, 2005

Ruby Moon

Last evening there was a full moon. Since I seem to have a relationship with this cosmic orb, I decided to go down to Saints Rest and watch it rise over the Bay of Fundy. The full moon always rises shortly after sunset. I was walking the beach, in the dark, waiting for him to show his face. It was a beautiful, warm evening. Unfortunately the mosquitoes were bad and I had to keep moving. It was getting late and I was about to turn around when I noticed a red, dim, glow on the horizon. I thought it was a ship but I could not figure out why it was glowing red. Then it started to brighten and it hit me that it was him, the moon. He was red, red, red, likely embarrassed because he almost missed our date. I had never seen a red moon before. I'd seen orange and yellow, but never red. When he had finally lifted his heavy head up out of the water he was still blushing casting red ripples onto the water. It was an awesome sight!

It also happened to be the eve of my birthday. I accepted the ruby moon as a wonderful gift for my birthday seeing as my birthstone is ruby as well. No fireworks could have matched that serene rise of the moon. I was so glad that I had taken the time to go and watch the show.

The moon followed me home, though he changed his robe to white and finally, when I turned out my light, he shone right through my window, into my bedroom and onto my pillow as if to say, I'm watching you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home