Rendezvous

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

CFBC - Good Time Oldies

As you all know I have my own programs Rendezvous and Sunny Side Up on our Campus Community and Multi- Cultural Radio station, CFMH. I really enjoy it. The reason I did it in the first place was to push myself out of my comfort zone. Never in a million years would I have thought I'd be doing this.

Last year, I had Greg Springall on as a special guest on Sunny Side Up to promote 2nd Stage's, "Our Town", which we were both involved with. At the time, Greg was a DJ at CFBC and K-100. Needless to say I was a bit nerved up to have a professional DJ as my special guest. But Greg not only made me feel comfortable, he complemented me, supported me and encouraged me. Not long ago Greg moved away and his job at the radio station was left vacant. He asked if I would be interested. I was so flattered. I couldn't believe he thought I was good enough on air to do his job. I decided if he believed I could do it, I had to believe it too and said yes to him. Greg went on to put a good word in for me at the station before he left. I took my resume in and waited. I got the job and started training last Saturday. This Saturday, I'll be on air in the evening. I can't believe that I've come so far. Like I said, I just wanted to push myself out of my comfort zone. Never would I have imagined I'd love being a DJ or that I'd ever do it professionally.

Thank you to Greg for everything, Ted for allowing me to use his good CBC name as a reference, Jennifer for always making me feel like I'm the best, Jay for his enthusiasm, to Don and Rita for their unending support and to my fans for listening. I love you all!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Jaybird said…

    Break a leg, kiddo! What times are you on the air, in case I can tune in?

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Yay!! You'll do wonderful, of that I have no doubt! Break a leg!

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    How did it go?!!

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Gilbert said…

    Thats fantastic news! Congrats!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home