Rendezvous

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Yesterday When I Was Young

This week we went through a musical journey back in time to our school days. School days, school days, dear old golden rule days, back when math was arithmetic and when phonics was an important part of the curriculum. Those were days of first love and first heartache. I remember my first breakup. I had a good cry in the shower and when I was done, I moved on, unlike today when girls mope for days. Those were days of sock hops and dances, when you really wanted to dance but were scared to death that someone might actually ask you to.
Our musical journey took us through these memories with several songs for the 50s including Chuck Berry's School Days and ending with 18 Till I Die by Bryan Adams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home